A few questions to this statement by the Shiv Sena chief Jitendra Janawale:
The scene in question is totally against Maharashtra’s Hindu culture. No sooner the posters were put up all over the city, we got lots of complaints from people, esp. from the concerned parents of school children, stating that the said posters were in bad taste. We have anyways issued a strong warning to the filmmakers through the media. We want all the backless posters that have been put all over the city to be removed as soon as possible. Failing which, we shall protest against the film when it releases.” “How are such obscene posters being allowed by the authorities.everal women and children pass by the posters. What effect will it have on them.”
- What is Maharashtra’s Hindu Culture?
- Is abuse of minors part of “Maharashtra’s Hindu Culture”? If not, shouldn’t you concentrate more on solving this problem rather than carrying out such gimmicks for publicity?
- How do you define nudity?
- You say “we got lots of complaints from people, esp. from the concerned parents of school children”. Do you keep records of these for us to see?
- Can you please do something constructive?